If you want to consistently capture great nature photographs, the following rules apply. . .
1. Great Nature Photographs come from getting up early and/or staying late – not even Photoshop can make this rule go away;
2. you must use good technique and quality lenses;
3. great Nature Photographs mean you can’t be afraid of or dislike bugs;
4. you must be willing to travel, and sometimes all night;
5. you must be able to adjust to changing environmental conditions;
6. great Nature Photographs require that you sleep less;
7. you must sometimes come home with an experience, a sore body and tired legs;
8. you must be able to be disappointed – a lot!;
9. you must do some things that no one else will;
10. most of all, great nature photographs come when you are in the moment and having fun!
Do you have any “must’s” to add for great nature photographs?
Sincerely, Tony Bynum